Home » Glenalvon Tour » The Library
The master of the house would have used this room as his study and library .
Please note the cut glass light – there are several similar in the house. Originally there were oil lights, then gas until Campbelltown had electricity in 1924.
The big wooden Lawyer’s cabinet, desk, and chairs used to be in St Helen’s Park on the Appin Road, and have been loaned to the Society by that house’s previous owners.
The books in this room are all part of the Society’s collection and are available for study, the older books are in the locked bookcase.
The antique filing cabinet houses cards of transcriptions of local gravestones, and the card index for our collection of original photos.
Other items from our collection are on display for your interest and enjoyment.
Images used on this page: IMG_3168web, museum at top of page
A piece of history stands alone.
More? Click below...
Described as one of the “prettiest villas" near Campbelltown
More? Click below..
Learn More? Click below..
Who was this man?
Read More? Click below..